Rent the Theatre
While the Old Greenbelt Theatre is closed for the public, we are available for private rentals for OGT Members.
We are now booking rentals through December! Book a holiday gathering with us today using the rental form below!
You may view any film in our Main Auditorium (bring your own DVD or Blu-ray). Each guest will receive a FREE small popcorn and small fountain drink as part of the rental. Additional concessions packages are available. See chart below for concessions packages.
Rentals are for a period of three (3) hours. We will book only one screening per day to allow for adequate cleaning between viewings. The event will be entirely private.
Your rental helps support the Old Greenbelt Theatre during this difficult time, and gets you back into the cinema you love!
If you are not yet a member with us, click the button below to become a member. Then fill out the form below to book your rental.
|Small popcorn + small fountain drink||Included in rental|
|Medium popcorn + medium fountain drink + small candy
|Large popcorn + large fountain drink + large candy
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many people can I bring? Due to an announcement by Prince George’s County Executive Angela Alsobrooks on November 12, 2020, we are only able to allow up to 9 guests per rental.
- Do I have to be a member to rent the theater? Rentals are available to members only. We will need to list the first and last name of the member in the form below. If you aren’t a member with us, join here!
- Does the rental come with snacks? The rental price includes a small popcorn and a small fountain drink. If you would like to upgrade your concessions, please see the chart above for our options.
- How do I book a date and time? Please fill out our online rental form below and provide name of the member wishing to rent and three options for dates. We will check our calendar and get back to you with availability.
- Can I bring any movie I want? Yes, you may choose your own film, but we cannot use burned or copied media, films must be commercially-produced copies. If you would like to choose one of our holiday films, please select from the drop-down menu on the rental form.
- Can I pay cash or credit card? Currently we are only accepting check or money orders. To save on operating costs during closure and maintain safety for guests and staff; we are avoiding credit card processing fees/cash handling.
- When do I pay? You must pay for your rental and any additional concessions packages no less than one (1) week prior to your rental.
- What is the theater doing in response to COVID-19? We are a CinemaSafe partner. The CinemaSafe cleaning protocols:
- We sanitize the auditorium with an electrostatic mister after every private rental.
- We sanitize all high-touch surfaces throughout the rest of the theater.
- All staff and patrons must wear masks; patrons are allowed to remove masks when they are seated at a safe distance from other patrons in the auditorium.
- Our HVAC system was replaced in 2019 and exceeds all CDC recommendations for filtration.
- We have sneeze guards at all registers and make as many transactions as possible contactless.
- Please let us know if you have any further questions about our protocols, we’ll be glad to speak to you about our policies and procedures. To learn more, visit CinemaSafe.org.